HOURS OF OPERATION
March 17, 2014 - April 27, 2014
|MON-FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
Sun's & Stats
Easter Weekend (Fri-Sun)
April 28, 2014 - Aug 31, 2014
|Sun's & Stats:||Closed|
- Measure the areas to be mulched. Enter the numbers into our volume calculator to give you amount in cubic yards.
- Edge or border the bed or tree well (see edging) so that grass and weeds can’t creep in. If the area has weeds or grass, apply herbicide and wait 5-7 days to apply mulch.
- Apply a 2" (top ups) to 4" layer of mulch. Allow some space for the plant stem to move, so it doesn't rub on the mulch.
- Water the mulched area periodically over the next 2-3 days to help the mulch bond with the soil and keep it from blowing in heavy winds.
- As mulch decomposes, rake it periodically to "freshen it up". Mulch should be topped up when it gets below 2". Make sure you are topped up in Summer and Winter to protect roots from damaging winds and harsh temperature changes.
- Try not to place mulch right up against the base of your trees, as it can cause the bark to rot.
- Eccochips may leach some nitrogen from your soil until it begins to decompose. Use of fertilizer during the growing season in conjunction with Eccochips is recommended.